Friday 10 August 2012

ROBERT AND KIM'S STORY IN SHOOTING THE SACRED COW..

Robert and Kim’s Story

"In Shooting the Sacred Cows, Kim and I share our story about how we met, were dirt-poor, and built our wealth together as a team. We also share why we felt compelled to start The Rich Dad Company and why we feel financial education is so important.

Robert;

"Hello I’m Robert Kiyosaki, and I’m probably best-known for my book Rich Dad Poor Dad".

Kim;

"And I’m Kim Kiyosaki".

Robert;

"Kim and I met in Hawaii in 1984 when I was kind of between businesses".

Kim;

"I should say something. We met in 1984 and fell in love, and 1985 was probably the worst year of our lives. We were broke and building a business, but we were homeless for a period of time, we struggled financially, and it was a really tough time to go through".

Robert;

"So, in 1986 I asked Kim to marry me because I figured if she had put up with me with no money, she’d put up with me any time. I asked her dad and his first question was.."

Kim;

"My dad’s first question was, "Does he have a job?"

Robert;

"The answer was, of course, no! But anyway, by 1994 Kim and I were financially free, and we did it without a job, without a retirement plan, and without government support".

Kim

"Yes, and I think one of the most beautiful things about being financially free was that it was the first time we were able to ask, “What do we want to do with the rest of our lives?” Because, up until that point, we were so busy working day to day and paying the bills that we never had that luxury. And that’s when we started The Rich Dad Company".

Robert;

"In 1996, we created the CASHFLOW board game to give people the same financial education my rich dad gave me."

No comments:

Post a Comment